Arnold recently celebrated 100 years at its headquarters in Ravensburg, Germany. The company was founded in 1919 as a mechanical workshop by Anton Arnold. It was considered a special welding plant for cast iron and aluminum. In 1985, Spectra Physics, the predecessor of Rofin Sinar, reached out to Arnold for the construction of rotary axis and clamping technology for a laser welding system for transmission wheels. The main focus of the company since the 1990s has been the construction of laser systems and it continues to expand these capabilities.